BMW 5-Series service reset can be performed on BMW F10, F11 and F07 Gran Turismo without diagnostic interface. You can clear maintenance message on your instrument cluster yourself without visiting your BMW dealer as long as you can replace oil and filter, inspect brakes and other safety system in your vehicle yourself.
Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
Available service reminders to reset
- brake fluid,
- engine oil,
- general inspection,
- front brakes (rotors and pads),
- rear brakes (rotors and pads).
BMW 5-Series service reset procedure
- Close the door.
- Turn on the ignition.
- Press and hold trip reset button and wait for the service icon to appear.
- Release the button as soon as first service procedure is visible on the screen.
- Use trip reset button to choose reminder to reset.
- Press and hold trip reset button to enter reset procedure.
- Press trip reset button to confirm new settings.
- If the reminder is time based, enter new date for the reminder.
- Turn the ignition off.