How to change Volvo cabin air filter in C30, S40, V50, C70. This procedure is a part or regular maintenance service and should be performed every year.
- Fresh cabin air filter
- Set of torx screwdrivers.
- Vacuum cleaner
Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
Volvo cabin air filter replace procedure
- Make sure that ignition is off and key is not in the ignition.
- Cabin filter air box is located behind the waterfall console. Air box cover can be located on the left side or on the right side. Please check which version is installed in your car as this tutorial is covering only air box accessible from the left side.
- Optionally if you need better visibility you can remove dashboard cover above drivers footwell.
- Unscrew accelerator pedal. It’s held with 3 torn screws.
- Disconnect connector from the accelerator pedal and remove it from the vehicle. Warning: do not turn the ignition on with accelerator pedal disconnected.
- Bend floor carpet to access pollen filter air box. It’s located behind the centre console of the car.
- Remove butterfly-nut that holds air box cover.
- Take the air box cover off.
- Remove old Volvo cabin air filter. It might me necessary to bend it in order to remove it.
- Use vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dry leafs from the air box.
- Insert fresh Volvo cabin air filter.
- Assemble everything in reverse order.