Most modern Volvo reset service reminder procedure looks the same. After changing oil, filters and inspecting safety systems in your Volvo, you can easily reset service reminder indicator or message with a simple button combination.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
This procedure will reset messages:
- ENTRETEIN REGULIER NESECC
- SISTEMA MOTORE PROSS. TAGLIANDO
- STANDARDWARTUNG DURCH FUHREN
- TAGLIANDO SCADENZA
- TIJD VOOR REG SERVICE
- WYMAGANY PRZEGLAD OKRES.
- ZEIT FUR REGELM. WARTUNG
- Volvo C30
- Volvo C70 1st generation
- Volvo C70 2nd generation
- Volvo S40 1st generation
- Volvo S40 2nd generation
- Volvo S60 1st generation
- Volvo S60 2nd generation
- Volvo S80 1st generation
- Volvo S80 2nd generation
- Volvo V40 1st generation
- Volvo V40 2nd generation
- Volvo V50
- Volvo V70/XC70 1st generation
- Volvo V70/XC70 2nd generation
- Volvo V70/XC70 3rd generation
- Volvo XC60
- Volvo XC90 1st generation
Volvo reset service reminder indicator procedure
- Put key into ignition. In some models it’s recommended to turn in to I position. Short press if you have START/STOP button.
- Press and hold trip reset or T1/T2 button on the instrument cluster. If you have digital instrument cluster, press and hold OK button on the left stalk.
- Turn key into II position while still holding the trip reset button. Press if you have START/STOP button.
- Wait until yellow indicator starts to blink. This takes about 10 seconds.
- While the yellow indicator is blinking, release the button.
- Turn the key to 0 position.
Service reminder is now reset. You can now turn on the ignition to confirm that the service message or service indicator is not showing anymore.
15 thoughts on “Volvo reset service reminder indicator”
The directions are very good except you must wait until the Yellow “I” information light blinks 2 times, then release the mileage trip reset button. If you wait until after the 3rd blink of yellow information light it will not reset. If it does not reset, then start your car, shut it off and try again. Good luck.
Thanks, so useful!! Needed the comment about releasing after two blinks instead of three+ to get it to work.
Ditto. Releasing after the second blink did it for my 2012 s60.
Solved thanks to this after an hour of six dudes trying at the instant oil place. Key point.
Yes. The part about releasing the reset button after the second blink is very important! Was trying it many times earlier but was holding down the button for too long and it simply refuses to reset! After Second Blink …. Release Button …. Works perfectly! :)
Will pit it to the test this evening
Thankyou, as stated,on the second blink works
Thanks, yes, you are right. After trying all the other variations on YouTube etc with no luck, this method works fine with my 2015.5 V60. The key to success is the flashing “I”. Thank you Larry. Once you go past 3 flashes, you’ve lost your opportunity.
Thanks, simple and working solution.
Thank you very much for this info especially the trick in waiting for the light to blink only twice. No one could figure it out. Thank you, thank you!
Nor working?? What are I doing wrong?
I have this message (Transmission performance low), what dose it mean and how to rest it
it is S60 2010 model
This was the only site that mentions the “release while flashing” part… which is the key! Fixed it on the first attempt with this version, tried about 15 times before from all the other pages.
Comments are closed.