Activate Audi MMI 3G bluetooth connection and handsfree profile in your car. All Audis with Multi Media Interface 3rd generation are equipped with bluetooth, some just need activation which you can do for free, without adding any hardware.
- Diagnostic interface like VCDS, VAG-COM, VAS or any other that’s capable of performing coding and adaptation procedures.
Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- You car need to have MMI 3G system. Check your Multi Media Interface version.
Check this article: Audi navigation systems – MMI RNS BNS RMC differences.
- Hidden menu must be enabled.
Check this article: Enable MMI hidden green menu (2G, 3G, 3G+).
Audi MMI 3G bluetooth activation procedure
- Turn key into II position and wait for the MMI 3G system to start. You can also use keyless buttons.
- Press and hold buttons SETUP and CAR.
- After couple of seconds hidden green menu will appear. You can now release the buttons.
- Navigate to diagnose → settings → Tel settings misc.
- Check current value in this line and switch to value with “BT/HFP” instead of “no BT/no HFP”.
- Press RETURN and CAR buttons at the same time to exit hidden green menu.
- Restart MMI 3G with key combination from article Audi MMI force restart (2G, 3G, 3G+).
Next part of enabling Audi MMI 3G bluetooth requires diagnostic interface
- Connect with module 5F – Control Head.
- Choose procedure 10 – Adaptation.
- Choose Channel 17 and read stored value (should be 0).
- Enter new value: 1
- Save new adaptation value.