Ho to perform BMW E39 service reminder reset (5-Series 1995-2004) after changing oil, filters and inspecting brakes, steering and suspension. Reset procedure is simple, you don’t need diagnostic tools to perform it. Just follow this tutorial and reset service in your BMW car.
Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
BMW E39 service reminder reset procedure
- Put key into ignition.
- Press and hold right button on the instrument cluster.
- Turn key into I position and wait for the SIA message on the display.
- Release the button.
- Press and hold left button to enter reseting mode. RESET should start to blink on the display.
- Press left button again to confirm reset.
- Use right button to navigate to second reminder.
- If you wish to reset that reminder, press and hold left button, then confirm with left button single press. If not, use right button to exit the SIA menu.
- Turn key to position 0.