Enable in your Audi MMI 3G Audio CD ripping to HDD. Now you can copy music from original discs to your internal hard drive installed in Audi Multi Media Interface. Music files will be stored in digital format on the Audi MMI 3G internal memory, so you don’t need the CD in your drive.
Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- You car need to have MMI 3G system. Check your Multi Media Interface version.
Check this article: Audi navigation systems – MMI RNS BNS RMC differences.
- Hidden menu must be enabled.
Check this article: Enable MMI hidden green menu (2G, 3G, 3G+).
Audi MMI 3G Audio CD ripping to HDD activation procedure
- Turn key into II position and wait for the MMI 3G system to start. You can also use keyless buttons.
- Press and hold buttons SETUP and CAR.
- After couple of seconds hidden green menu will appear. You can now release the buttons.
- Navigate to diagnose → settings → Import multimedia.
- Change the value to “Copy/Ripping 4/4”. This will enable your Audi MMI 3G Audio CD ripping and coping to internal memory (hard drive).
- Press RETURN and CAR buttons at the same time to exit hidden green menu.
- Restart MMI 3G with key combination from article Audi MMI force restart (2G, 3G, 3G+).
After the Audi MMI 3G system restart, insert disk with Audio CD format to the CD changer, go to MEDIA, then select “Import” option and notice that CD drive is now active as a import option.