Diesel throttle body cleaning in 136PS 2.0l diesel engines Volvo 2.0D, Ford 2.0TDCi (136PS & 140PS), Peugeot & Citroen 2.0HDi from oil and carbon deposits. Inspect intake manifold, clean intake air temperature sensor (IAT) and manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP), make your diesel engine more responsive to acceleration pedal.
Oil and carbon deposits in throttle body may cause engine to loose power, rough acceleration, smoking while accelerating, problems with starting the engine and shaking when turning it off.
- flat screwdriver,
- torx T30,
- cleaning solution.
Performing this procedure may cause permanent damage to your car.
Do this at your own risk!
We are not responsible for any loss or damage.
2.0D, 2.0TDCi, 2.0HDI popularity
- Ford (C-Max MK1, Focus MK2, Galaxy MK2, Kuga, Mondeo MK4, S-Max) – G6DB (136PS), QXBA, QXWB, QXWA
- Peugeot/Citroen (307, 308, 407, 508, 607, 807, Expert II) – DW10 BTED4
- Volvo (C30, C70 II, S40 II, S80 II, V50, V70/XC70) – D4204T
HDi TDCi D 2.0 diesel throttle body cleaning
- Open the hood and locate the throttle body. There are two types: with single and with double inlets.
- Remove three torx screws from the throttle body.
- Disconnect two sensors. MAP (manifold absolute pressure) and IAT2 (intake air temperature).
- Disconnect vacuum line (or lines) from the intake flap (or flaps).
- Remove the throttle body from the car.
- Remove screws that hold together sensors and the throttle body.
- Remove sensors. Be careful and don’t brake the o-ring on each sensor.
- Clean the throttle body. Don’t use aggressive cleaning solutions. I’ve used petroleum ether. Notice that flaps should move freely.
- Clean the IAT with petroleum ether. Do not touch the sensor directly, use soft brush.
- Assemble throttle body and install it back in the car. While installing you can look inside intake manifold and check it for carbon deposits.
3 thoughts on “Diesel throttle body cleaning 2.0 HDi TDCi D”
Hello sir, very useful topic. One question : both air flaps have springs on them to retain their normal position? In my focus the one on the driver side seems to be broken, when I pushed it it stays open. Thanks
both should retain position.
must it be from a 2 L? ore can it be from a 1,6 L
Comments are closed.